Thursday 5 January 2012

HGTV's Dream Home 2012 is... Meh.

The 2012 HGTV Dream Home is a ranch style abode located in the mountains of Park City Utah. When I first saw the outside of this house, I got super excited not only because it looks like every nature nut's fantasy home but also because I expected the inside of the house to look rustic, warm and inviting.

Unfortunately, this "ranch" is a bit of a let down. While it looks rugged and country on the outside, it's actually very modern, chic and linear on the inside... Trestle table and stone walls aside, there's really nothing country about this home.

In short, I'm super disappointed because one of my favourite spaces of all time was HGTV's Dream Home 2011 - a breathtakingly beautiful ski lodge in Stowe, Vermont.

In any case, I'll let you guys form your own opinions:
























2 comments:

  1. Oh I agree. Now, it is a gorgeous house, don't get me wrong, but home of the year? I don't think it has enough personality. Again, it's gorgeous, but it needs more pizzaz and jazz hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also agree. Definitely not countrified enough for the style of the outside. Although I do like it, it doesn't quite grab me. I kept going hmmm, not really, at every picture. Oh well, they can't win them all!

    ReplyDelete